We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post. Please see policies for more information.
Camping is the best place to make and enjoy breakfast. It’s our favorite meal of the day when out in nature. This recipe is super simple to throw together on the Skottle, but could definitely be made in your cast iron skillet on a camp stove.
Chorizo Breakfast Burritos
Chorizo Breakfast Burritos on the SkottleCourse: BreakfastDifficulty: Easy
avocado oil (or oil of choice)
6-8 large eggs beaten
10 oz chorizo
1/4 onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped
1 jalapeno finely chopped (remove seeds to make it less spicy)
salt and pepper to taste
Shredded cheddar cheese
tortillas (regular or gluten free)
Optional: leftover bacon, ham, potatoes etc.
- Pre-heat oil in Skottle
- Sautee onions, peppers, and jalapeno for a few minutes.
- Add chorizo, chop up with your spatula and mix together until chorizo is cooked through. If you had any optional leftover ingredients add them now to start heating up.
- Add eggs and continue mixing until cooked through.
- Divide between tortillas and top with cheese.
- Feel free to add any toppings or extra ingredients. The beauty of this recipe is that it’s so versatile.
We like to pre-chop ingredients at home when possible and use them for different recipes while camping. You can also pre-crack your eggs and just store them in a mason jar if you’re whisking them like you are in this recipe.
We do very similar mixtures for breakfast tacos, quesadillas, and nachos! It’s super simple to scale the recipe to size for a big group or just make it for a couple people. It reheats well even when camping so you can have it the next morning.